Drilled-End Needle Attaching Machines
RK Manufacturing’s attaching machines for drilled end needles are available in three sizes:
- Model 1A: .002″ – .008″ wire diameter needles
- Model 2A: .009″ – .017″ wire diameter needles
- Model 4A: .020″ – .034″ wire diameter needles
- Model 5A: .039″ – .062″ wire diameter needles
The 1A attaching machine is the smallest machine we offer. This model is commonly used for attaching micro channel needles and drilled end micro needles. The dies for this machine are not interchangeable with other models.
The 2A attaching machine is commonly used for attaching smaller drilled end needles. The dies for this machine are not interchangeable with other models.
The 4A attaching machine is the most universal model we offer. Many customers use this machine for attaching all drilled end needle sizes. The dies for this machine are interchangeable between both the 4A and 5A models.
Our 5A attaching machine is commonly used for larger drilled end needle attachments.
Attaching machines can be purchased separately or as a complete machine as shown here. The complete machine is supplied with the attaching machine mounted on a laminate table (choice of color) complete with legs, foot pedal assembly, and connecting rods “ready to run.”
- Table Size: 21″ x 48″
- Workspace: 50″ x 48″
- Yield: 200 – 400 attachments/hour
Many customization options are available. Let us know what best suits your needs ›
How It Works
The needle is placed between the attaching dies in the attaching machine, the suture material is inserted into the needle hole, and the foot pedal is then pressed crimping the needle to the suture material. An average yield, depending on the size and operator, is 200–400 attachments per hour.
- Needle Tray – Holds needles at the attaching station for handling convenience.
- Suture Tray – Holds suture material at the attaching station for handling convenience.
- Test Puller – Used for checking the needle/suture holding strength at the attaching station.